Monday, December 26, 2011

all roads lead to home on Christmas

Topshop heart tee, POLdesign maxi skirt, Sportsgirl necklace and Sunglasses, Jeffrey Campbell shoes

On Christmas eve, I boarded an early flight from Sydney back to my home town, to spend my Christmas with what I believe this time of year is all about; My family. I was fortunate enough to be brought up, always celebrating beautifully, on this one day of the year where it is acceptable to be a child again. My whole family are very traditional when it comes to the festive season; Santa sacks, milk and cookies, carols by candlelight, chocolate advent calendars, Christmas light looking, plum pudding and breakfast, lunch and dinner with all the fine trimmings; so Christmas for me has always been 'the most wonderful time of the year'. I admit this year however, that I was heading for the Grinch's side of town, though when I returned to the comfort of my own family home on Christmas eve and saw the beautifully decorated tree, the sacks set out for Santa's stop over and of course my extremely excited mother, I returned to my usual 'Lucy-lou' (from Whoville) self. For Christmas lunch here, I am wearing a cropped Topshop tee, which was a purchase when visiting the Melbourne store launch the other week, A POLdesign vibrant red maxi skirt, which is ever s comfortable and my new Jeffrey Campbell amazing shoes, which the Santa made his elves purchase from solestruck.com...I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

INSTAGRAM; @allaboutedie FACEBOOK; All About Edie