Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Rumour Mill














With Indie perched up in her ‘doggy’ carry bag and my fabulous photographer Taygan Bassi by my side, I had the pleasure of visiting the lovely ladies today at The Rumour Mill PR, for a private run through of all the brilliant new collections from some of my favourite Australian brands. Upon first entering, I should of known that I was in for a treat, as the scent of my favourite caramel candle made me feel instantly at home. Their enormous and absolutely stunning space blew me away; imagine striking polished floor boards, feature walls of synthetic grass, collages of old school punk rockers and inspirational images and sleek white couches with cushions bursting with vivid patterns. All of the artistic furnishings encountered before even entering the main fashion showroom! Whilst Indie amused herself with one of the teams’ 15 week old Cavalier King Charles (a mini of herself), the wonderful Montana gave me an in depth walk through of brand to brand. I was instantly excited when my eyes took to Staple The Label’s S/S 13 collection titled, ‘Crystalline,’ as it was only the week before last when their clothing came to life before me at the MBFWA show. The sorbet lilac and lime hues against a minimalistic white colour palette, instantly captures your attention. With matching two sets, bomber style jackets and vests, oversized free falling blazers and trousers create wearable and fashion forward pieces for the Spring/Summer wardrobe. Hunt No More presents designs saturated with sequins, texture and an ultra cool ocean blue floral print. Some Days Lovin’ has a more Bohemian relaxed aspect to it, obtaining an array of diverse prints. As well as these 3 labels, they also represent MINK PINK, Evil Twin, Quirky Circus, The Lost Girls, Paint It Red and one of my favourite online shopping sites; Market HQ. I left The Rumour Mill PR with an exhausted little puppy, a massive shopping list and a craving to hit up quirky home ware stores, due to the creative decor that has inspired me to revamp my new apartment.
photos by Taygan Bassi

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM; @allaboutedie FACEBOOK; All About Edie