Wednesday, May 18, 2011

editorial-esque pieces at Mother & Father PR



A stand out for me in the New designers shows at RAFW was Perth based designer Jamie Lee's striking pieces, so you could imagine my excitement when I saw her designs presented on a rack before me at Mother and Father PR's showroom today. Watching the runway show all I wanted to do was to touch the pieces because of the striking use of textures, in the form of wool, silk, sequins, latex and beading. The creativity behind her collection, 'pollination' is sensational (really Gaga worthy!) Get this....those honey dripping shoes have real dead bee's inside of them! Mother and Father's warehouse style showroom, also display labels such as, Saint Augustine Academy, Miss Couture and Subfuesco. Rory and I nearly died when we recognised the contemporary woodblock, editorial-esque shoes, that were recently featured in Tangent magazine! I must get my hands on some of these pieces asap for an up and coming shoot....! 

1 comment:

  1. love the shoes!!!strange and great:)
    new outfit post on mine..have a look!kiss

    Patchwork à Porter

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM; @allaboutedie FACEBOOK; All About Edie