Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Inspiration-Schön! Magazine; Amaya Arzuaga

An immense shout out and Thank-you to a friend of mine (you know who you are,) who works at a news agency and supplies me with numerous fashion magazines. I have been so busy as of late, so I was excited when I had an hour or so to kill the other day, because I got to plunge into the pile of mags, sitting in the 'to read' pile on my desk. As I stimulated my need to enter the world of glossy pages, I came across this editorial in Schön! Magazine, which is all about the statement pieces of Spanish designer, Amaya Arzuaga's (Scanned above for you.)  I find this shoot fascinating; its simple, yet complicated at the same time. I love the way that the defiant structure and volume of the architectural designs, are juxtaposed against the models flaccid posture. It almost feels as though you are stepping into a Sci-fi film, due to the sharp and strong contours and compositions. The elongated bleached, white hair and the body painted lines, just adds more eccentricity to this contemporary shoot.

Schön!#10 | Photo Alvaro Villarrubia | Clothes and shoes Amaya Arzuaga | Model Ema Busson

2 comments:

  1. The styling for this photo shoot is just amazing.I love the minimalist futuristic clothing and the beautiful colors :)

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM; @allaboutedie FACEBOOK; All About Edie