Tuesday, May 10, 2011

RAFW;BEC & BRIDGE 'Violet Haze' 11/12

IMG_7536IMG_7702IMG_7627IMG_7428
IMG_7568
IMG_7473IMG_7669

This amazing last week that has just passed, all began with Bec and Bridge's collection at Rosemount Australian Fashion Week. The collection titled; 'Violet Haze' made me dream of wearing their rust coloured short suit, with the pink fedora hat, whilst shopping in one-of-a-kind boutiques along Bleecker Street, down town New York. I was infatuated with their pieces, that included 'charcoal suede shorts,' midi dresses in all forms, low-cut wrap dresses and cigarette trousers. Suede-tie coloured belts with long, loose ends stood out against block whites. Neutrals were mixed with Lilac, burnt orange, grey, pale pink and tobacco. After the show, I was so inspired that I raced backstage to talk to the lovely designer's Rebecca and Bridget (After meeting them both I fell in love with their brand even more, because they are both so, so sweet.) They said they were heavily inspired by 'Lauren Hutton' the 1960's-70's American supermodel and actress' and 'the 60's-70's Downtown New York era.' It was no doubt that the 70's played a big part when designing the pieces that boasted jumpsuits, tiny shorts, crochet pieces and fedora hats (in all different colours.) Unfortunately my cameras battery died during this show, (which was one of my favourites by the way!) so I have sourced these images from; 2threads.com
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM; @allaboutedie FACEBOOK; All About Edie