Friday, June 3, 2011

bittersweetsymphony

(I wore Evil Twin Skirt, Jeffrey Campbell Skates, Vintage Fur jacket, Sportsgirl grey tee)

Okay, so let's just say I am a tad of an emotional wreck while writing this; as one of my best friends has literally just left the country for good. Two hours ago, I was waving goodbye at the airport; to farewell him on his next journey (which I am making sure that I am still apart of.) Exhaustion has quietly crept upon me as of now, not just from crying, but from a very active last two days. Yesterday, after a casting, I spent the day traipsing around the city with Christopher James, playing the part of a 'vintage tour guide,' as he was a Crown street vintage store virgin (hard to believe.) Due to Rory's final day in Australia, last night we celebrated (well I mourned) his departure with a nice dinner at Samurai Japanese restaurant and a few drinks at the Lounge, before cuddling up to watch the Hayley Mills version of The Parent Trap in bed this morning at 3am. Today was spent running last minute errands for Rory (it wouldn't be Rory if it wasn't last minute), then helping him pack up the last of his belongings.  
Of course Rory could not leave the country without some sort of drama; his luggage being over 15 kilo's! I won't even begin to get started on how he managed to walk away with an 320 dollar excess fee instead of the whopping initial 1200 (allot of culling and prioritising).

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM; @allaboutedie FACEBOOK; All About Edie