Thursday, June 16, 2011

Strange Love Magazine Launch


(I wore; Vintage top, Topshop Suede shorts, Sportsgirl 70's denier tights, Jeffrey Campbell Shoes, Vintage fur jacket, Sportsgirl Cross earrings, Chanel Bag)

 On Tuesday night, Christopher James and I went along to the launch of a new magazine titled, 'Strangelove'. Feeling as though we had revisited the tornado scene from The Wizard of Oz, we got our Dorothy on and took on the torrential Sydney weather. Put aside the fact that thanks to the strong wind, which made us turn up to the event with hair replicating Cousin It, the event was a step back in time to the 1970's or to a scene from 'Almost Famous'. With really creative screen projections, a photo booth, cool artwork and of course the live band, there was that whole 'rocker/hippie' feel about it. The 80 page first issue of 'Strangelove,' which is a creative magazine, focusing strongly on music, books and films, was positioned down the side of the staircases and in little quirky places all about the venue. I hadn't really a clue, as to what I was going to wear before the event, so getting ready was like starting with a blank canvas. I ended up going with this vintage black long sleeve top, which has a sequined embellished neckline and I took a break from my much loved maxi skirts and paired it with my little Suede Topshop shorts. Of course due to the wild weather conditions, I could not possibly leave the house without my fur! 
Check out Strangelove Magazine here and get your copy Australia wide from bookstores, quality music stores, cafes, cinemas, design stations, restaurants etc. 
Also be sure to like there Facebook page here
xx
Photography by Christopher James Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM; @allaboutedie FACEBOOK; All About Edie